I was reading the bullet points, and with every single one I read, I just laughed because it very accurately described me. I guess I have a very low self-esteem.
How to tell if you have low self-esteem:
- You make negative “I am” statements all the time.
- You don’t spend very much time living in the present.
- You fear new experiences, change, and you lack trust.
- You desire perfection, but see yourself as far from perfect.
- You engage in self-sabotage.
- You are a ‘people pleaser’. You have an overwhelming need for approval and support.
- You have difficulty making eye contact.
- You avoiding real intimacy and deep relationships
- You have a large desire for material possessions.
- You struggle with a lack of energy
- You are passive.
- You tend to be anxious.
- You are very sensitive to criticism.
- You are overly critical of others putting themselves down.
All except that I avoid real intimacy and I engage in self-sabotage -I’m pretty sure I don’t engaged. I really don’t know what is considered self-sabotage- I realized that I need to work on my self-esteem, but I feel like if I do, then I’ll turn into a cocky SOB. I don’t want that to happen, but I do want to stop hating myself everyday and being so goddamn sensitive.